The Church of the Most Holy Trinity
The Original church of the Most Holy Trinity was built at the beginning of the 14th century. From this church there remained only the enclosure walls with a triumphal arch.
The church has late Gothic form from the late fifteenth century, when the owner Půta II. Švihovský ordered the reconstruction of the church along with the whole Rabí Castle. The church was dedicated in 1498. Presbytery served also as a defence bastion and was a part of the fortification. In a sloping gable of the church have there remained four Gothic windows and one built-in porch which originally led from a garret corridor to an under-vaulted bridge and this bridge connected the church with the fortification of the Castle. The church served as a castle chapel. Půta II put coat of arms of the allied families with the noble family of Rosenberg on the apex stones (coat of arms of the family of Hradec, Velhartice, Meziříčí, Lomnice and of the noble family of Šternberg).
The church got half-hipped roof in the late Gothic style. A sensing head discovered that under the Secession mural paintings there are hidden Gothic fresco paintings.
Original late Gothic altar of St George is in National gallery in Prague.
The public are not admitted in the main part of the church. The nave and other rooms are under reconstruction. We have renovated the roof deck (1996 - 1997) and made the new façade (2006 - 2008). Now, we have the task to renovate and restore interiors and mobiliary. It is very expensive and a long-term project and it will cost millions of crowns. We are grateful for any financial support or advice and idea for obtaining specific financial grant and sponsorship. You are welcome to visit at least the underground space of the church during the period of different exhibitions.